cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Children's Message

Today Mrs. Amanda (a.k.a. Mandy, below) gave the Children's Message at church. Once a month all the little ones come up from their Sunday School classes to "big church". They come to the very front of the sanctuary and sit on the floor and Mrs. Amanda always shares something wonderful with them. Today it was the book Shaoey and Dot, which if you haven't read you must! She then gave them each small baby bottles to begin saving their money in to give to the orphanages in China. Inside the bottles were notes asking them to buy children's socks for me to take to China as well. It's so fun to have the kids involved. They've been saving their offerings for months so that I can take it with me. Although the dollar amount maybe small, the love that's behind it will make it go a long way! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    I have this book and I think it's adorable.

    Donna :)

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
    » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home