cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Top of the Class

I am currently reading Top of the Class, How Asian Parents Rasie High Achievers - and How You Can Too. It's really helped me to understand some of the things I've encountered with Asian parents and students in my class. There are some principles that I want to promote and others that I want to avoid, but now I understand the culture behind them a little bit better. It's funny, but some of it reminded me of the way my parents raised me. They did a great job promoting the value of education. College was never a question, but rather a given. In my family other interests were promoted as well, and I want to do the same for my daughter.Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home