cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Red Thread Blanket

This beautiful blanket was crocheted by Helen B., who is also the mom of my dear friend Amanda. When she asked Mandy what color of blanket she should make she got the answer "it has to be red!" This is because the Chinese adoption community has a popular saying from an ancient Chinese belief.
"There is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
Helen even stitched a little ladybug down in the right corner. Many who have adopted from China view the ladybug as a symbol of good luck and lots of people have reported unusal sightings of ladybugs right before they are referred a child.
During my paperchase and homestudy Amanda had a dream that the people from China brought the baby over to meet me and to watch and evaluate how we interacted. We took the baby to the beach and were laughing and playing with her and not were not intimidated by our onlookers. She said that in her dream the baby had big red cheeks. Even though I did not have the dream I can picture it all. I'll be taking this blanket to China with me and wrapping her up in it. Thank you Helen for the love that you put into this. I am so grateful to have you all in my life. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    What great thoughtful friends you have!!!! It shows such thought that they made it and in red and with the lady bug.... It will be fun to see if your new daughter will have those big rosy cheeks!!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that is gorgeous! Crochet is one thing I tried and just can't seem to make it work! I tried a checkered afghan and it looked like a drunk person made it and actually, I only got so far as it looks like a scarf.

    Love the red, it's beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home