cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Baby Girls and Dump Trucks

I may be the one of a few, but I want my daughter to get to play with cement mixers, cranes, and dump trucks. Construction work runs in my family. We're starting off with plastic for the baby stage, but if she likes them like I think she will, we will graduate to Tonka. I'd love to eventually get her some Hot Wheels too.
Not to worry, she will have plenty of dollies and kitchen stuff too.
It's so wonderful that we are in an age of freedom for women, may it spread throughout the world. Please don't flame me, but I'm one of those that's hoping to see Condolezza and Oprah together on a presidential ticket. Okay, I've said it now. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Go girl! I'm right there with you on the toys! When I was younger, I always wanted a hot wheels race track so maybe now I can justify getting one for my daughter in addition to her dolls!!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    That's so cute! I remember stealing my brother's cars (he had these cool cars with flames, or some kind of sparks, that came out the back. Way cooler than dolls!! I say, girls can play with dump trucks AND be president!

    --Nina

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger rubyiscoming said…

    Ok, you should TOTALLY check out my rant today! I love that you are purchasing dump trucks - we are going to do the same! No need for our daughters to only play with Barbies and sparkly nailpolish - they can get dirty, too - I used to drive a mean Big Wheel after all :)

    Chhers,
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home