cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bittersweet



I awoke to a horrific migraine today. My 5 a.m. Relpax didn't work so at 8 a.m. I broke down and gave myself an Imitrex shot. We missed Easter Sunday church but I finally did pull the two of use together and we took our Peeps cupcakes and made it in time for a little luncheon afterwards. I decided to save her beautiful new dress for her 3 yr. old pictures and birthday next month. We've already had many fun Easter activities including a great Egg Hunt yesterday. I thank God for my mom who once again saved the day and entertained Abbey so that I could lay down. We did manage one fun thing this morning...
I printed out little pictures of items around the house from do2learn and taped them to her eggs. She went on a little hunt using the clues and got very excited. One egg would have a picture of her socks and she would go to her sock drawer and find another egg with another picture. There were some little toy prizes along the way like a wind up chick and some Easter Little People toys and finally the last one took her out the front door to her basket. Her favorite surprise in there was a Kelly doll with a helmet riding a bike. She was so cute to watch running around.
She amazed me again this week when she went up to some bunny and egg decorations at home and said, "Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny what do you see? I see eggs looking at me." That was her text transformation of Brown Bear, Brown Bear so now it's our new little language game.
And as for the true story of Easter she likes to say "Don't cry!" as the angel said to Mary at the tomb of Jesus. He is not here, He is risen!!

11 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    so sorry you felt lousy today. What a cool idea about the pictures though

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She looks so grown up in this picture... WOW !!.. She is gorgeous...

    Traci
    LID 5/18/06 for J. Nicole

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Happy Easter, sweet girls! I hope you're feeling much better, Christy.

    :-)

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    So sorry about the migraine. Hope you're feeling better now.

    Abbey is just a delight. I can't believe she's just weeks from turning three!

    Happy Easter!!

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I so understand how migranes can consume your day. I'm with you in that aweful camp. So glad you were able to rise to share some fun with your sweet girl and then get yourself some rest. As another single mom with migraines, I know how hard it is. Easter Blessings to you and Abbey.

    Tracy mom to Muriel
    (p.s. I"m trying botox this week, I'll let you know how it goes.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Mick and Caitlin said…

    I love your idea about the picture egg hunt. I think Mick and I may adopt it when our baby is old enough to start doing that. As far as our house goes, come on out!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Sorry about your headache...hope you're feeling better. But it's great Abbey had such a great Easter!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Lindiana Jones said…

    You are soooo a teacher! I love the picture/scavenger hunt idea! What a fun way to learn!

    I'm so sorry you had a migraine. I didn't see you in church and just assumed you were downstairs this week!

    Hope the rest of your break is fantastic!!!

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you are feeling better. Love to you both!
    Michelle and Courtney

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Teacher Mary said…

    I was so glad to see you at the picnic after church, like Lindi I thought you were downstairs. Abbey is so much fun (so are you!) so I love to spend time with both of you. I will be sorry when I am no longer needed on Fridays (boo-hoo!)
    I will just have to make time to see both of you. I am glad the Imitrex kicked in! Thank you Lord. I love the part about He is Risen--He has Indeed! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mendy said…

    so sorry you had a migraine. They are terrible! Happy Belated Easter! Abbey is such a pretty girl. Can't believe she will be turning 3 soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home