cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, July 20, 2007

First Merry-Go-Round

This is a vintage toy that our speech therapist has used a lot with Abbey. It made me realize how much parks have changed and how much I miss merry-go-rounds and teeter toters. Today I found a park that has both. It actually has two merry-go-rounds and a four horse teeter toter. Abbey loved it all.
We had quite the celebration tonight. After my last post about the potty chair we both sort of moved on to other things and forgot about it. Tonight Abbey wanted to get on it after her bath and it was so cute. She climbed up and got her feet on the rim and squatted just like they do in China. I told her that if she wanted to she could try that on the big toilet too and I also showed her how to straddle facing the toilet. She loved that idea and climbed up on the big one and then went tinkle. It took several seconds for it to sink in that she was really actually doing it and then we partied. Abbey did a victory dance much like those that go on in the end zone after a touch down. She marched around naked on her tip-toes with both pointer fingers up in the air and I sang, "Abbey went pee-pee in the potty". We went and got the chart that came with her chair and wrote her name and hung it up on the wall and put a sticker on it. She was so proud! I still don't plan on potty training her now but she is welcome to do this whenever she wants. We are going to let her go get a small toy tomorrow too, which I have only ever let her do once. I know, we can't do that every time, but we were both so excited over this first one.
She also counted to three again tonight as she had Dora jump off the side of the tub into the water like we do at swim class. It wasn't quite as surprising as the first time because it was just counting without the pointing and one-to-one correspondence, but it let me know that it wasn't a fluke.
We're on a roll here : )

10 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    congrats on the first pee pee in the potty! Miya loves to sit on the potty, and I've let her wear pull ups a few times when she won't wear her diaper, but so far, no pee pee in the potty

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Congratulations, Abbey!!!

    What a big girl you are getting to be. :-)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boy, she is just moving at warp speed on the highway of life! My gosh...she is getting to be such a big girl & talking like crazy! I am so impressed that she is making such huge strides one right after the other! Way to go, Abbey! I am so proud of your girl! Can I come over and do a victory dance with you??? Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Isn't it shocking how they have grown in every way in only 8 months. I can't believe my eyes sometimes! Way to go pee pee on the potty sweet Abbey!!!

    Tiffany
    p.s. Thanks for letting me know that Abbey has become more clingy this summer...I was starting to think it was only us! The August transition is going to be rough!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    I love the Little People, vintage toys. I played with them when I was little. I wish we had taken better care of them and still had them but alas we don't.

    Congrats on the potty thing.

    Beverly

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    YAY!!! That is definitely something worth celebrating!!!

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger M. CHRISTOPHE said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Yay Abbey!

    Lucky Mama!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger ~ Alison said…

    How wonderful!! Great job, Abbey!

    Mali began using the toilet on & off as soon as we arrived home. I wish I knew what they did with her in China, b/c she seemed to know exactly how it worked. We began her potty training & 23 months - she did very, very well.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    they are like the parks in England!

    CONGRATULATIONS ABBEY!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home