cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Toddler's Creed




If it is on, I must turn it off.

If it is off, I must turn it on.

If it is folded, I must unfold it.

If it is a liquid, it must be shaken, then spilled.

If it a solid, it must be crumbled, chewed or smeared.

If it is high, it must be reached.

If it is shelved, it must be removed.

If it is pointed, it must be run with at top speed.

If it has leaves, they must be picked.

If it is plugged, it must be unplugged.

If it is not trash, it must be thrown away.

If it is in the trash, it must be removed, inspected, and thrown on the floor.

If it is closed, it must be opened.

If it does not open, it must be screamed at.

If it has drawers, they must be rifled.

If it is a pencil, it must write on the refrigerator, monitor, or table.

If it is full, it will be more interesting emptied.

If it is empty, it will be more interesting full.

If it is a pile of dirt, it must be laid upon.

If it is stroller, it must under no circumstances be ridden in without protest. It must be pushed by me instead.

If it has a flat surface, it must be banged upon.

If Mommy's hands are full, I must be carried.

If Mommy is in a hurry and wants to carry me, I must walk alone.

If it is paper, it must be torn.

If it has buttons, they must be pressed.

If the volume is low, it must go high.

If it is toilet paper, it must be unrolled on the floor.

If it is a drawer, it must be pulled upon.

If it is a toothbrush, it must be inserted into my mouth.

If it has a faucet, it must be turned on at full force.

If it is a phone, I must talk to it.

If it is a bug, it must be swallowed.

If it doesn't stay on my spoon, it must be dropped on the floor.

If it is not food, it must be tasted.

If it is food, it must not be tasted.

If it is dry, it must be made wet with drool, milk, or toilet water.

If it is a car seat, it must be protested with arched back.

If it is Mommy, it must be hugged.


P.S. I did not write this, and I don't know who did. Thank goodness Abbey doesn't eat bugs or arch her back over the car seat. She loves to go wherever we are going. She also loves her stroller but does have to get out and push it 1/2 of the way sometimes. Everything else she does...and so much more. It's very fun and I am very busy!

21 Comments:

  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    No wonder you've been too busy to post!!!

    Abbey's creed is spot on, and Katie could have written it (she certainly lives it!)

    Cute shot of Miss A., by the way.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Hilarious!!!

    Love the last one! Icing on the cake! (which of course, is the only part of the cake, that should be eaten!)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL - so true!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger k1 said…

    Christy,

    Thanks for the Thanks card.

    I hope you are both feeling better!

    Life from a toddler's eyes. So true!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger kerri said…

    Too cute, this is how life unfolds with my two year old,bugs and all.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Oh how I wish my child would NOT EAT BUGS!!

    I envy for having escaped that joyous event thus far.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said…

    This is great, and sooooo true!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Oh, my gosh! That is so funny! I can imagine Abbey doing many of those things - she has a mind of her own. :-)

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh....my!!! It is a darned good thing Abbey darling does not indulge herself in all these behaviors because if she did we would have to commit you somewhere!!??!! I am sure she makes sure she does her fair share in order to keep her Mama on her toes!! Will see you on Sunday-have a lot to tell you about the encounter--it was awesome!!!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is soooo true!

    Dig those glasses Miss Abbey. You are too cool and too cute!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Sounds like you have a true toddler on your hands...and an adorable one!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Spot on, that one is!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    Too funny! Love the sunglasses!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Day Dreamer said…

    LOL I read that twice. My youngest does actually eat the bugs and arch his back. :)

    Thanks for posting that...it was a joy to read!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Emmie said…

    Those things sure do remind me of a little one! Cute post and pic! Love the shades!

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it! That is so true with toddlers.

    Rebecca

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    Too Funny

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    I think the funniest one is:

    If it is closed, it must be opened.

    If it does not open, it must be screamed at.


    Glad this happens to someone else!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    That's great I love it! So true!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    hee hee - fun, fun! :)

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was priceless! And it strikes fear in this hopeful mama's heart!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home