cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Easter...


A millisecond before the tears erupted...
She kept responding "yes" that she wanted to go see the big bunny until I sat her on his lap. We only managed this because I hopped in with her. She's not smiling so I almost didn't get a copy of the photo, but then I just felt like I wanted it anyway. Now Abbey keeps wanting to look at it and see the bunny.


I had all my hair cut off yesterday. I've never had it short before but it was really time for a mommy-do that involves no effort. It feels so good. Goodbye long hair...hello toddler mommy!
We've had such a wonderful day together. It's Spring Break for me and I am so excited. This is my first Easter with my daughter and I just want to cry because I am so happy. All my dreams have come true. I know I keep saying that, but it's really how I feel everyday. Hang in there waiting moms, your day is coming!

11 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Oh how sweet! I am so glad you got a copy, those pictures will be great memories even if she is not smiling. Congrats on your first Easter together, enjoy every second!

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger k1 said…

    Love the haircut!!! It looks really cute on you. I'll bet if the bunny had been on a tractor or a train Abbey wouldn't have minded being on his lap at all....especially if he'd let HER drive!

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I love the photo. Thanks for sharing with us the reminders of what we have to look forward to!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    You'll be so happy you kept this picture! BTW your hair looks GREAT!!
    I have been daydreaming a lot about having our daughter home with us for Easter and the pictures I would take of her and the boys...thanks for the encouragement ~ HAPPY EASTER :)

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    What a wonderful keepsake of your first Easter together as a family! I love your hair...looks great!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Your hair looks GREAT! 10 years from now you will be so glad you bought the bunny picture... those sweet babies grow up so fast!!!

    Every holiday is so much more fun and meaningful with your child... congratulations on sharing such a special day with Abbey!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Great pictures, I'm glad you decided to get it afterall (you will treasure it)

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    I think you haircut looks great!! I bet you would have been sorry if you had not got that picture. It will be priceless in a few years!

    It is a cute picture.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lucky Mama said…

    Your hair looks great! Hope you had a great Easter. And Happy Five Months together!

    /k

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said…

    Happy Easter, love the new "do". Bunnies and babies, ain't nothing sweeter!

    Love from Miami

    Carol and Taylor

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IO just love your hair! I like K1's comment about if the bunny had been on a moving object Abbey would have jumped the bunny & started driving! I can just see her doing that! You better start saving for her auto insurance!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home