cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Unintended Break

Quickie update. We are fine. We are happy. We cannot blog. Last Sunday my computer wouldn't turn on. It's been a learning curve for me in getting it fixed. It's a Dell and it's a year and a half old and no longer under warranty. It could have been the power supply (minor) or the motherboard (major). Fortunately they believe it's the power supply and a new one will be shipped out the middle of next week and then I will have it installed. In the meantime I cannot access blogs at work and I just stopped by our church office so that I could atleast post and say hi to all my faithful friends. It may be a blessing in disguise because my wrists and forearms are not in good shape so I can't really use the computer anyway. Thank you so much for sharing about the "mommy arm syndrome", I will try to get in to see the doctor.
Abbey said "ball" today clear as a bell. She has also been saying "apple". I know this sounds so small, but I am so excited! She has her second speech session tomorrow. She is no longer interested in signing much, she just wants to try to talk. My daycare provider has been on vacation last week and this so Abbey has been having lots of Lao Lao time and going to the park everyday. She is really into Sesame Street. Normally we can't watch it because I leave for work too early, so that has been a special treat. She is now in between 12 mo and 18 mo clothing, the one getting to be too small and the other still too big. She is also inbetween a 5 and a 6 in shoes, but I found some cute pink 5 and a half mary jane's that are just right. This child has a great sense of humor and I am hoping to finally develop one as I learn from her. She's a gutsy girl too. When I get my computer back I'll post a clip of her riding a little train all by herself when we went to the farm last week. I was so excited for her to see the animals but she was really into racing a minature tractor. I love it that we are so different, she is enriching my life in so many ways. All the girly things I've always been into just don't seem to fit her personality. She's sporty, fiesty, and funny. I love it! It's all new and different and I think she will take me places I never would have gone without her.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I hope your computer is up and running soon. We'll figure something out for meeting up in the next few weeks. :-)

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Glad all is well.

    I think it is fabulous how you two are going to grow so much richer having each other to learn from :0)

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    So glad to hear all is well. It's never a bad thing to take a little time away from the computer! Just go and enjoy your beautiful daughter, and check in when you have time!

    Have a great weekend!

    KEJKT&K

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Fantastic! That's the thing about being a Mum, you and your children grow together, learn together.

    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger A said…

    Glad to hear thngs are going well for Abbey. Sorry for the computer is misbehaving--it can be so fustrating. Have a great week.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Glad you two are doing fine...keep those updates coming, when you get the chance!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry your computer took a nosedive but it might have been for the best to get the mommy arm syndrome healed up some. Abbey is a great gift from God to you to move you out of your comfort zone of many years! None of us (including me for sure) like to have to change when we are comfortable (we think) in our little (or big!)rut. God has a plan to stretch us & that means up out of our rut! It is good that Abbey is feisty & different from you since she will change you as much as you are changing her. All in God's great plan & wonderful timing! Enjoy the ride (sometimes like the Monorail & other times it is like Space Mountain)! She is such a cutie-pie & so full of wonder at the world around her & things that see ordinary to us!Lots of Love & Prayers to both of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home