cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Strange Dreams

A few weeks ago friends in my July Dragonflies group began having strange dreams. One dreamed that she went to get her baby and they gave her an 8 yr. old Vietnamese boy. The only English words he knew were cuss words and he kept shouting the really bad one over and over. Another dreamed that she was given caucasian triplets from South Africa. She tried to tell the CCAA that she really wanted a Chinese baby but they said, "We've run out of Chinese babies, but these are really cute!" Another dreamed that she was given a 15 year old girl whose mother was Chinese but whose father was from Indiana. She was talking in teen-speak and kept saying "like". They found out that 14 other families had rejected her referral and that's why she was now 15.

I had been thinking this was all so funny until I had my first adoption dream last night. They were trying to give me a teenage boy with reddish blonde hair and freckles. Along with him was a little tiny girl I will try to describe for you. She looked exactly like Macy of Macy Day but she had been shrunk down to the size of a little baby. So she wasn't babyish at all, more like a little pixie with pigtails, and she was running around everywhere. They told me that I could only have her if I took the boy too. I said that the CCAA must not understand that I am a single woman and I would have no clue what to do with a teenage boy and they got very firm and stern with me and restated that it was all or nothing. I think this dream was influenced by the fact that right before I went to bed last night I checked out my nephew's new blog, DrummerBoy777. While looking at it I was thinking about how little I understand about where teenagers are at today.
Yesterday someone in my group dreamed that their baby had the face of an ancient Tibetan woman.
Oh my, enough of the dreams!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    My dream...I get referred a 20 year old and I love her SOOOOOO much but can't accept the referral because I'll have to send her off to college next month and just can't bare to see her go. Seriously I woke up all upset!

    Still waiting for my stork it's 11:40 AM EDT--should be any time now.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Those are like the dreams I have before I go back to school! In my dreams the class size is 50:1 and they're all a bunch of hellians, and my colleagues and the students' parents all hate me.

    I just saw that someone in Norway with a 7/19 LID got a referral. Maybe there will be some surprises today?

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Remember your post about losing your marbles?? :) I think your group may need to start some serious retail therapy again so that you don't lose any more marbles.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I dreamed the CCAA director personally showed at my front door and laughed in my face about me ever getting a baby!

    Whew....I'd rather have the 2-for-1 dream with the teenage boy!

    Hmmm....the subconscious does speak volumes, doesn't it? ;0)

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny you bring this up. I was chatting with one of our supervisors last week and she said she dreamed I got my baby. She couldn't see the baby but she remembered we were playing and having fun and a bright light was shining on us.

    I asked her - was there a calendar in your dream? What clothes was I wearing? Were there colorful leaves or did you see snow? ; )

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    lol- what a crazy dream! I wouldn't know what to do with a boy either!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home