cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Referral Update

I have been at a Math Their Way workshop this week and it's been excellent. It served as a good distraction from Referral Watch during the day, but I was definitely up at night while the CCAA was open for business monitoring the referral situation. I am able to sleep now because my agency let us know early yesterday morning that the cut off date for the referrals going out this month was July 13, 2005. Since my log in date was July 20, 2005 I did not get included in this group. The good news is that I will be in the next group at the end of August and I am still hoping to be able to travel before my paperwork expires. I would appreciate your prayers about that! Normally a referral group from the end of August would travel in October, but because of the Trade Fairs in Guangzhou my agency does not send people there at that time. So, I am looking at the end of October/beginning of November for travel. Waiting for the news this week was very intense, but now that I know that I am next month I am ready to focus on what I have left to do before school starts again and my whole life changes. Slowly, but surely, I am getting things ready for Abbey and for the trip. I do feel really at peace, which is good since the situation is out of my hands.

10 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Yeah! How wonderful to know you are next. Let's one breathe again :0)

    Time to really start getting Abbey-ready!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just love Math Their Way!!!!! We used it years ago and it came back (like ALL good things!) Lots of great hands on for little ones!:) And, of course....still praying for you and Abbey!!!! I think everyone's prayer now is to NOT have to re-do the 171!!!!{{Many HUGS}}

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I'm glad you're taking everything in stride. You're so close now!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    You were the first person I thought of when I saw the referral dates! I am thrilled that you will see Abbey's face NEXT month!! Still praying for you and Abbey!!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger D said…

    Good for you! Next in line AND being cool about it! Since there's nothing you can do to rush it, you have the right attitude!

    Now, think of all the things you can do for the next month to get ready...and try not to get to crazy over rumors!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    We're next! We're next! We're next...we're next...we're next!!!!!



    Abbey and Gracie will be flying with the stork in just a few weeks.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger D said…

    Hello again! Actually we have done mission trips before...I'm a minister at a church, so we've done several. Our church partners with a church in New York City, and that's where I'm headed next weekend. It's about my 10th trip to work with that church. We've also done work in New Orleans; Paris, France; and Senegal in West Africa. We love to travel, and we love mission work, so it's a great way to see the world, have fun, and do some good.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ok, you are SOOOO next! You are just 5 weeks away from seeing your baby's face!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home