cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bare Cribs

Some of the orphanages have resorted to cribs with no bedding, just plywood. I do understand that with lice and laundering the bedding would be a challenge. A friend recently shared the video above on her blog. There are 47 children in this room and what really struck me was the silence. Although many were awake they were just laying in their cribs without making a peep. I wonder if they've learned that they won't be picked up.




Fortunately I feel assured from the experiences of others that once they realize they have a parent meeting their needs they quickly learn to cry.
It just breaks my heart to see them all laying there quietly. We are coming for you babies!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I was absolutely horrified at first by the wood plank thing. I'm still no fan of it but apparently it is not only in orphanages where this practice is common. It has to do with the heat so no use of bedding, or so I hear, is common in southern China when it is so hot. Apparently many people will sleep on bare, flat surfaces.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger MB said…

    When we went to China to adopt our daughter, we were told that they babies sleep on bamboo - it help keep them cool.

    Apprantly, it is common practice for familes to sleep on bamboo in the summer to keep them cool

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home