cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Mom

My beautiful mom was at the shower. As I told the ladies there...There has never been a day in my life when I have not known that someone loved me completely and wanted my best interest above all else, and that has been my mom. I want to be that person for Abbey. My heart has been so filled with love that I have it to give away.
The day I went to tell my mom about my adoption plans we met at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Santa Monica. As we waited in line a Chinese couple came in behind us with their pigtailed toddler daughter. My mom turned around and wispered to me, "Christine, look at that baby! Isn't she darling? The Chinese babies are always the cutest." We got our drinks and sat down and I told her that I was going to China and would be a mom to one of those babies, and she was thrilled. She has been SO supportive. I expressed all my concerns and fears and she had an encouraging word for each and everyone. I told her about the costs, and she said it really wasn't that much money. I told her about the all the paperwork, and she said that I was always very good at doing those kinds of things. I told her I was worried about being a single mom and being able to give Abbey everything she needs, and my mom told me that if all I could do was give her a home, a bowl of warm oatmeal, and a heart of love, it would be enough. Thank you mom for giving me courage to set out for my dreams! I hope to be to Abbey what you have been to me.
One last word, my mom always gets the cutest and funnest gifts! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I know the comfort a mother's belief in you can be. I'm so glad that you are surrounded by people who love you and who are pulling for you during this time.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Christi - what a special story about the day you shared your desire to adopt with your mother! You have a beautiful and supportive family!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Oh man, are you *trying* to make me cry?!!! *grin* Your mom sounds awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home